Dr Robin Cherian
MBBS (India), MRCP (UK)
Consultant Department of Cardiology, NUHCS
Clinical Educator Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, NUS
Dr Robin Cherian graduated with the degrees of Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery from JIPMER, India in 2007.He completed his Basic Specialist Training in Internal Medicine in Singapore, and was conferred Membership of the Royal College of Physicians (United Kingdom) in 2012. Thereafter, he completed Advanced Specialist Training in Cardiology in 2016. He is currently a consultant with the Department of Cardiology at the National University Heart Centre, Singapore.
He will soon be proceeding with advanced fellowship training in critical care cardiology. His research interests include echocardiography, valvular heart disease and critical care cardiology.
Dr Cherian is also active in undergraduate and postgraduate medical education. He is a core faculty member of the Cardiology Senior Residency Program and a clinical educator with the school of medicine, National University of Singapore.
- Critical Care Cardiology
- Valvular Heart Disease
- Cardiac Imaging
- Received award for ‘Best clinical case presentation’ at the 2013 Asia Pacific Athero-Venous Thrombosis forum, Singapore
- Received SGH Best Service Medical Officer award for the period Oct 2008-March 2009 for excellent patient service (2009).
- ‘Dr Udayaraj Gold Medal’ in General Medicine, for being the university exam topper, JIPMER (2006).
- Dr. M.K. Ramanathan Memorial Gold Medal’ in Biochemistry, for securing the highest score in internal assessment, JIPMER (2003).
- Yeo LLL, Andersson T, Teoh HL, Cherian R, Tay ELW, Sharma VK. Synchronous cardiocerebral infarction in the era of endovascular therapy: which to treat first? J Thromb Thrombolysis. 2017 Jul;44(1):104-111
- R. Cherian, LH. Ling, TC. Yeo, R. Wong, WM. Soo, WK. Kong, KK. Poh, E. Tay Conservative management of intravenous abuse related right sided infective endocarditis- long term outcomes. AHA 2017, Anaheim, California
- R. Cherian, LL Yeo, E Tay Management of Concurrent Cortical Stroke and ST Elevation Myocardial Infarction When Presentation Is Within the Window Period: A Clinical Conundrum; American College of Cardiology meeting May 2016 at Chicago, USA.
- R Cherian, P Kojodjojo, D Singh, WT Yeo, SC Seow, TW Lim. MADIT-II criteria is appropriate for selecting patients from a multiethnic Asian cohort with ischemic cardiomyopathy for primary prevention Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillator implantation
- R Cherian, P Kojodjojo, D Singh, WT Yeo, SC Seow, TW Lim. High event rates support application of SCD HeFT criteria for primary prevention of sudden death in a multi ethnic Asian heart failure cohort
Back to Top