Dr Senthil Kumar Subbian
Consultant Department of Cardiac, Thoracic and Vascular Surgery, NUHCS
Dr Senthil is a Consultant in the division of Paediatric cardiac surgery at the National University Hospital, Singapore.
He finished his basic surgical training and specialty surgical training in Cardio-Thoracic surgery from Madras medical College, India in 2005. He did his Advanced specialty training in Cardio-Thoracic surgery from the National Heart Centre, Singapore and was awarded the FRCS Cardio-Thoracic surgery by the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh in 2011. In 2011, he was accorded Specialist Accreditation in Cardiothoracic Surgery by the Ministry of Health, Singapore. He completed one year of fellowship at The St. Vincent’s Hospital in Melbourne, Australia from 2013-14 where he was involved in the management of patients requiring complex cardiac surgical procedures and ECMO support.
Dr Senthil has always had a keen interest in Congenital Heart Surgery and joined the Paediatric cardiac surgery programme at the National University Hospital, Singapore in 2015. In addition to his clinical work, he is interested in clinical research and is currently involved in a project to minimize infections in neonates undergoing cardiac surgery.His special interests include minimally invasive paediatric heart surgery, paediatric and adult ECMO.
- Neonatal cardiac surgery
- Minimally Invasive Paediatric cardiac surgery
- Adult Congenital Heart Surgery
- Neonatal and Paediatric ECMO
- Adult ECMO
- Psuedo Sequestration of left lung – Ashuthosh Singh, Senthil Kumar Subbian, Ravi Agarwal, Dhiren Dave, KotturathuMammen Cherian – A case report published in the Texas Heart Institute Journal 2007; 34: 195-8
- Intercostal artery aneurysms : a rare presentation in Loey’s-Dietz syndrome – SK Subbian, Lim TCW, Teo LLS, Shankar S, Eur J CardiothoracSurg, Vol 51, Issue 3, 1 March 2017, Pages 606
- Repair of Partial Anomalous Pulmonary Venous Drainage via Bilateral Anterolateral Mini-Thoracotomies, Jai Sule, Sriram Shankar, Senthil kumar Subbian, Video published on CTS NET Dec 19, 2016
Back to Top