Assistant Professor Seow Swee-Chong
MBBS, MRCP(UK), EHRA(Invasive Cardiac Electrophysiology), EHRA (Cardiac Pacing & Defibrillation), FAMS(Cardiology) , FESC, FACC
Senior Consultant Department of Cardiology, NUHCS
Director Cardiac Electrophysiology and Pacing, Department of Cardiology, NUHCS
Programme Director Heart Rhythm Programme, NUHCS
Assistant Professor Department of Medicine, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, NUS
Assistant Professor Seow Swee-Chong is a Senior Consultant at the National University Hospital, Singapore and the Director of Cardiac Electrophysiology and Pacing. He is also Director of the Heart Rhythm Programme (Arrhythmia Service) of the National University Heart Centre, Singapore. Asst. Prof. Seow is registered with the Singapore Medical Council, and is a Cardiac Electrophysiologist (Heart Rhythm Specialist) who is accredited in Interventional Cardiac Electrophysiology and Cardiac Pacing/Defibrillation under the European Society of Cardiology.
Asst. Prof. Seow graduated with the degrees of Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery from the National University of Singapore and subsequently obtained Membership of the Royal College of Physicians (United Kingdom). He completed his Fellowship in Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology and Pacing at Westmead Hospital, Sydney (Australia).
His professional memberships include: Fellow of the European Society of Cardiology (FESC), Fellow of the American College of Cardiology (FACC) as well as Fellow of the Academy of Medicine Singapore ( FAMS ). He is also a Member of the European Heart Rhythm Association (EHRA) and the Singapore Cardiac Society.
Apart from general cardiology, Asst. Prof. Seow's sub-speciality interests include heart rhythm disorders (arrhythmias), pacemaker, loop recorder and cardiac defibrillator implants as well as cardiac resynchronization therapy for heart failure. He runs the Heart failure clinic, concentrating on patients with concomitant arrhythmias and/or cardiac devices.
Asst. Prof. Seow performs diagnostic coronary angiograms, radiofrequency catheter ablation of arrhythmias, diagnostic electrophysiological studies and implantation of pacemakers as well as defibrillators.
- General Cardiology
- Implantation of Pacemakers and Cardiac Defibrillators
- Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy for Heart Failure
- Diagnostic Coronary Angiograms
Specializes in Diseases and Conditions:
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Heart Failure
- Cardiac Devices
- Sinus arrest following stenting of the right coronary artery. Swee-Chong Seow, Wern-Miin Soo, Clara Sy Tolentino. Heart Asia 2011 3: 35-36.
- Azygous coil lowers defibrillation threshold in patients with high defibrillation threshold. Swee-Chong Seow, Clara Sy Tolentino, Jing Zhao, Toon-Wei Lim. Europace 2011 Mar 23.
- Successful Transcatheter Bioprosthetic Heart Valve Paravalvular Leak Closure: The Role of 3-dimensional Transesophageal Echocardiography. Edgar LW Tay, Swee-Chong Seow, Wai-Sun Choo, Lieng H. Ling, James WL Yip. Ann Acad Med Singapore 2010 (in press)
- Utilisation of Emergency Medical Service Among Singapore Patients Presenting with STSegment Elevation Myocardial Infarction: Prevalence and Impact on Ischaemic Time. Tan LL, Wong HB, Poh CL, Chan MY, Seow SC, Yeo TC, Swee-Guan Teo SG, Ooi SBS, Tan HC, Lee CH. Internal Medicine Journal 2010 Jun 7
- Case illustrations of LQTS-1. Omar AR, Yeo WT, Seow SC ,Singh D. The American Heart Hospital Journal 2010;8 (1):58-62.
- Comparison of cardiac output measurement by arterial waveform analysis and pulmonary artery catheter in mitral stenosis. Yeo LL, Seow SC, Phua J. Ann Acad Med Singapore 2010 Aug;39(8):655-7.
- Takotsubo cardiomyopathy associated with status epilepticus. Seow SC, Lee YP, Teo SG, Hong EC, Lee CH. Eur J Neurol. 2008 Jun;15(6):e46. Epub 2008 Apr 7.
- Lethal presentations of coronary artery spasm after an event-free period of six years following initial diagnosis. Lee CH, Seow SC, Lim YT. J Invasive Cardiol. 2008 Jan;20(1):E30-2.
- Efficacy and late recurrences with wide electrical pulmonary vein isolation for persistent and permanent atrial fibrillation. Seow SC, Lim TW, Koay CH, Ross DL, Thomas SP. Europace. 2007 Dec;9(12):1129-33. Epub 2007 Oct 8.
- Electrical isolation of the posterior left atrial wall and pulmonary veins for atrial fibrillation: feasibility of and rationale for a single-ring approach. Thomas SP, Lim TW, McCall R, Seow SC, Ross DL. Heart Rhythm. 2007 Jun;4(6):722-30. Epub 2007 Feb 9.
For more publications, click here .
Back to Top