MB., BCh., BAO., MRCP (UK)., BMedSc(hons)
Consultant Department of Cardiology, NUHCS
Dr. Loh is currently a Consultant Cardiologist in the National University Heart Centre. He graduated from the University College Dublin, Ireland with his medical degree and an honours degree in medical sciences in 1998. Dr. Loh received his medical and cardiology specialist training in the United Kingdom. He obtained the Membership of the Royal College of the Physicians (MRCP) in 2001. Following a period of research in the field of heart failure and refractory angina, Dr. Loh joined the British National Training Program in Cardiology in 2006. He completed his specialist training program with a special interest in interventional cardiology in 2012. His training included a year of interventional fellowship at the Rigshospitalet University Heart Centre in Copenhagen, Denmark in 2011. Dr. Loh received cardiology specialist accreditation with the British General Medical Council in 2012 and the Singaporean Specialist Accreditation Board in 2013.
He worked as consultant interventional cardiologist in the United Kingdom for two years before joining the National University Heart Centre.
General and interventional cardiology
1. The effectiveness of Enhanced External Counterpulsation (EECP) in patients suffering from chronic refractory angina previously treated with Transmyocardial Laser Revascularisation. PH Loh, E Kennard, CV Bourantas, R Chelliah, P Atkin, J Cook, JG Cleland, A Michaels, JCK Hui. J International Cardiology 2013;168(4):4383-4385
2. Enhanced external counterpulsation (EECP) in the treatment of chronic refractory angina: a long-term follow-up outcome from the International EECP Patient Registry (IEPR). PH Loh, JGF Cleland, AA Louis, ED Kennard, J Cook, JL Caplin, GW Barness, WE Lawson, OZ Soran, AD Michaels, for the IEPR Investigators. Clin Cardiol 2008; 31(4):159-64
3. The immediate and long-term outcome of enhanced external counterpulsation (EECP) in treatment of chronic stable refractory angina. PH Loh, A Louis, J Windram, AS Rigby, J Cook, S Hurren, N Nikitin, J Caplin and JG Cleland. J Internal Medicine 2006; 259(3):276-84
4. The effect of initiation or continuation of statin therapy on cholesterol level and all-cause mortality after the diagnosis of left ventricular systolic dysfunction. PH Loh, JD Windram, L Tin, P Reddy, P Velavan, AS Rigby, P Atkin, NP Nikitin, AL Clark, JGF Cleland. Am Heart J 2007; 153:537-44
5. Reevaluation of the indications for permanent pacemaker implantation after transcatheter aortic valve implantation. J Bjerre Thygesen, PH Loh, J Cholteesupachai, O Franzen, L Søndergaard. J Invasive Cardiol 2014;26:94-99
6. The first clinical experience with the new GORE® Septal Occluder (GSO). L Søndergaard, PH Loh, O Franzen, N Ihleman, N Vejlstrup. EuroIntervention 2013;9:959-63
7. Paravalvular leak in transcatheter aortic valve implantation (TAVI) – How should I treat? Olaf Franzen, PH Loh, L Søndergaard. EuroIntervention 2013;9(5):650-653 [Invited expert opinion]
8. Transkateter-aortaklapimplantation hos patienter med svær aortaklapstenose. [Transcatheter aortic valve implantation in patients with severe aortic stenosis]. J B Thygesen, PH Loh, O Franzen, L Søndergaard. Ugeskrift For Læger [Danish Medical Journal] 2012;174:2620-2624
9. The paradigm of patent foramen ovale and cryptogenic stroke. PH Loh, O Franzen, L Søndergaard. Congenital Cardiology Today Feb 2012
10. Infective endocarditis following transcatheter aortic valve replacement – diagnostic and management challenges. PH Loh, H Bungaard, L Søndergaard. Cath Cardiovasc Interv 2013;81(4):623-7
Read more of his publications and abstracts here .
Back to Top