Assistant Professor Lim Toon Wei
MBBS, FRACP, PhD
Senior Consultant Department of Cardiology, NUHCS
Director Coronary Care Unit
Assistant Professor Department of Medicine, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, NUS
Assistant Professor Lim Toon Wei graduated from the University of Sydney in 1997 with 1st Class Honours. He completed his physician’s training in cardiology at Westmead Hospital (Sydney, Australia) and was admitted as a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians in 2006. Following this, he was a Cardiology Research Fellow till 2009 at Westmead Hospital, working in the area of catheter ablation for cardiac arrhythmias, particularly that of atrial fibrillation. He was awarded a PhD from the University of Sydney for this research work, which included one of the largest randomized clinical trials of atrial fibrillation ablation techniques.
In 2009 he joined the University of Ottawa Heart Institute as a Clinical Fellow in Cardiac Electrophysiology before returning to his hometown in 2010 to join the National University Heart Centre as a Consultant.
While Asst. Prof. Lim sees general cardiology patients, his clinical and research interest is in cardiac arrhythmias (heart rhythm disorders). As part of his practice, he implants pacemakers, implantable cardioverter-defibrillators and cardiac resynchronisation pacemakers or defibrillators. He also performs both conventional and complex ablation procedures for all forms of arrhythmias.
Asst. Prof. Lim is active in medical education and is a core faculty member of the Cardiology Senior Residency Programme. For the past 3 years, he has also served in the council of the Singapore Cardiac Society as the Honorary Secretary and as the Honorary Treasurer.
Cardiac Arrhythmias (Heart Rhythm Disorders)
Cardiac Implantable Devices
Specializes in Diseases(s):
Cardiac Arrhythmias (Heart Rhythm Disorders)
- Medium term efficacy of segmental pulmonary vein isolation for permanent or persistent atrial fibrillation in maintaining sinus rhythm. Lim TW, Jassal IS, Ross DL, Thomas SP. Pacing Clin Electrophysiol. 2006 Apr;29(4):374-9.
- Electrical isolation of the posterior left atrial wall and pulmonary veins for atrial fibrillation: feasibility of and rationale for a single ring approach. Thomas SP, Lim TW, McCall R, Seow SC, Ross DL. Heart Rhythm. 2007 Jun; 4(6):722-30.
- Atrial Arrhythmia after Single Ring Isolation of the Posterior Left Atrium and Pulmonary Veins for Atrial Fibrillation. Lim TW, Koay CH, McCall R, See VA, Ross DL, Thomas SP. Circ Arrhythm Electrophysiol. 2008 Jun 1;1(2):120-6.
- Percutaneous Microwave Ablation with a Long Side-Firing Antenna Array Can Successfully Treat a Nonsurgical Chronic Ovine Atrial Flutter Model. Lim TW, Clout R, Barry MA, Lu J, Huang K, Thomas SP. J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol. 2009 Nov;20(11):1255-61.
- P wave measurements and electrical reconnection of the posterior left atrium after catheter ablation for atrial fibrillation. Lim TW, Wu G, Ross DL, Thomas SP. Pacing Clin Electrophysiol. 2010 Nov;33(11):1324-34.
- Europace 2007 (European Society of Cardiology) oral presentation: SP Thomas, TW Lim, R McCall, SC Seow, DL Ross. Electrical isolation of the posterior left atrial wall and pulmonary veins for atrial fibrillation: feasibility of and rationale for a single ring approach.
- CSANZ Annual Scientific Meeting 2008 oral presentation: Toon Wei Lim, Choon Hiang Koay, Valerie A. See, Rebecca McCall, Stuart P. Thomas, David L. Ross. Mechanisms of Atrial Arrhythmias Following Single Ring Isolation of the Posterior Left Atrium and Pulmonary Veins. Heart, Lung and Circulation. 2008; 17(Supplement 3): p. S113
- Asia Pacific Heart Rhythm Society 2008 oral presentation: Toon Wei Lim, Choon Hiang Koay, Valerie A. See, Rebecca McCall, David L. Ross, Stuart P. Thomas. Recurrence after single ring isolation for atrial fibrillation and its predictors among the first 100 cases.
- Heart Rhythm 2009 poster presentation: Toon Wei Lim, Choon Hiang Koay, Valerie A. See, Rebecca McCall, David L. Ross, Stuart P. Thomas. Atrial arrhythmia mechanisms following single ring isolation of the posterior left atrium and pulmonary veins and associations with reconnection across linear ablations.
- Heart Rhythm 2010 poster presentation: Toon Wei Lim, Guanglei Wu, David Ross, Stuart Thomas. P wave duration and area under the curve varies with electrical isolation of the posterior left atrium and its subsequent reconnection.
For more publications, click here .
Back to Top