Assistant Professor Edgar Tay Lik Wui
MBBS, MRCP(UK), MMed(Int Med), FAMS, FACC, FESC
Senior Consultant Department of Cardiology, NUHCS
Programme Director Congenital/Structural Heart Disease Programme, NUHCS
Assistant Professor Department of Medicine, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, NUS
Assistant Professor Edgar Tay is a practicing cardiologist at the National University Heart Centre, Singapore, and an assistant professor at the Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, Singapore. Dr Tay obtained his Master of the Royal College of Physicians (UK) diploma in 2004, and completed his cardiology training at the National University Hospital, Singapore in 2008.
He obtained the Ministry of Health Scholarship to undergo sub-specialty training in adult congenital heart disease and pulmonary hypertension at the Royal Brompton Hospital, London, UK and then completed a second year of interventional fellowship at St Paul’s Hospital, Vancouver BC where he was trained in transcatheter aortic valve implantation. He now co-leads the TAVI and mitraclip mitral valve repair programme.
He has authored or co-authored numerous papers in peer-reviewed journals. He is accredited by the European Society of Echocardiography for adult congenital heart disease and has written book chapters on echocardiography in congenital heart disease and structural intervention.
Presently, he is actively involved in the management of patients with adult congenital heart disease, pulmonary hypertension and those with heart disease in pregnancy. He also sees patients with valvular heart disease who may benefit from transcatheter therapies.
- Structural Intervention
- Adult Congenital Heart Disease
- Pulmonary hypertension
- Pregnancy and heart disease
- Cardiac computed tomography
Specializes in Diseases and Conditions:
- Valve disease
- Congenital heart Disease
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Pregnancy and Heart Disease
Awards & Honours
- Dean’s list Final Professional Examination MBBS 1995-1998 awarded by Dean, Faculty of Medicine, National University of Singapore
- Ministry of health Scholarship award 2008-2010
- Member, Singapore Medical Association, 1999-present day
- Member, Royal College of Physicians, United Kingdom, 2004-present day
- Member, ESC Working Group on Grown-up Congenital Heart Disease 2007-present day
- Member, Society of cardiovascular Computed Tomography (SCCT), 2010
- Replacement therapy for iron deficiency improves exercise capacity and quality of life in patients with cyanotic congenital heart disease and/or the Eisenmenger syndrome. Tay EL, Peset A, Papaphylactou M, Inuzuka R, Alonso-Gonzalez R, Giannakoulas G, Tzifa A, Goletto S, Broberg C, Dimopoulos K, Gatzoulis MA. Int J Cardiol. 2010 Jun 24. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 20580108.
- Relation between combining evidence-based medications on mortality following myocardial infarction in patients with and without renal impairment. Tay EL, Chan M, Tan V, Sim LL, Tan HC, Lim YT, Ho KT, Chia BL, Wong PS, Yeo TC. Acta Cardiol. 2010 Apr;65(2):211-6. PubMed PMID: 20458829.
- Quality of life and functional capacity can be improved in patients with Eisenmenger syndrome with oral sildenafil therapy. Tay EL, Papaphylactou M, Diller GP, Alonso-Gonzalez R, Inuzuka R, Giannakoulas G, Harries C, Wort SJ, Swan L, Dimopoulos K, Gatzoulis MA. Int J Cardiol. 2010 Mar 19. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 20304507.
- Usefulness of natriuretic Peptide levels to predict mortality in adults with congenital heart disease. Giannakoulas G, Dimopoulos K, Bolger AP, Tay EL, Inuzuka R, Bedard E, Davos C, Swan L, Gatzoulis MA. Am J Cardiol. 2010 Mar 15;105(6):869-73. PubMed PMID: 20211335.
- Endothelial progenitor cell capture stent implantation in patients with ST-segment elevation acute myocardial infarction: one year follow-up. Lee YP, Tay E, Lee CH, Low A, Teo SG, Poh KK, Yeo WT, Lim J, Lim IH, Lim YT, Tan HC. EuroIntervention. 2010 Jan;5(6):698-702. PubMed PMID: 20142221.
- Hyponatraemia: A strong predictor of mortality in adults with congenital heart disease. : Dimopoulos K, Diller GP, Petraco R, Koltsida E, Giannakoulas G, Tay EL, Best N, Piepoli MF, Francis DP, Poole-Wilson PA, Gatzoulis MA. Eur Heart J. 2010 Mar;31(5):595-601. Epub 2009 Nov 23. PubMed PMID: 19933692.
For more publications, click here.
Back to Top