Associate Professor Poh Kian Keong
MBBChir (Camb), MA, MMed, FRCP, FCCP, FAMS, FACC, FASE
Senior Consultant Department of Cardiology, NUHCS
Clinical Director Research, Department of Cardiology, NUHCS
Director Postgraduate Education, Department of Cardiology, NUHCS
Associate Professor Department of Medicine, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, NUS
Associate Professor Poh Kian Keong is presently a Senior Consultant, Director of Postgraduate Education and Clinical Director of Research at the Department of Cardiology, NUHCS.
His training in cardiology took place in Cardiac Department in NUH. Subsequently, he worked in St Elizabeth Medical Centre, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston on novel therapies for cardiovascular conditions, including stem cell therapies. He then proceeded to the Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School for training in echocardiography. He is certified by the National Board of Echocardiography (USA).
A/Prof Poh graduated with medical degrees from Cambridge University, UK, obtained his Master of Medicine in Internal Medicine from the National University of Singapore. He is a Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians, Edinburgh, the American College of Chest Physician, the American College of Cardiology and the American Society of Echocardiography.
In addition, A/Prof Poh is also a Council Member of the Singapore Cardiac Society and a Specialist / Cardiologist registered with the Academy of Medicine, Singapore.
He has multiple publications including many in high-impact factor journals and is a reviewer for several international medical journals. He is Editor of PULSE, a bi-annual publication of NUHCS and Associate Editor of the Singapore Medical Journal.
His interests include exercise-related cardiac adaptation, contrast and real-time three-dimensional echocardiography.
- Research and Education
- Stem cell therapies
- Real-time three-dimensional echocardiography
- Contrast echocardiography
- Clinical predictors of stent thrombosis in the "real world" drug-eluting stent era. Tin-Hay EL, Poh KK, Lim YT, Low AF, Lee CH, Teo SG, Lim J, Lim IH, Tan HC. Int J Cardiol. 2009 Jun 10.
- Diabetic patients with normal baseline renal function are at increased risk of developing contrast-induced nephropathy post-percutaneous coronary intervention. Chong E, Poh KK, Shen L, Chai P, Tan HC. Singapore Med J. 2009 Mar;50(3):250-4.
- Acute perimyocarditis masquerading as acute coronary syndrome with spontaneous resolution of increased left ventricular wall thickness. Poh KK, Chan EH, Chia BL, Chai P. Ann Acad Med Singapore. 2009 Mar;38(3):278-9.
- Infective endocarditis secondary to intravenous Subutex abuse. Chong E, Poh KK, Shen L, Yeh IB, Chai P. Singapore Med J. 2009 Jan;50(1):34-42.
- Disappearing left atrial mass with drainage of pericardial effusion. Poh KK, Chong E, Yeo TC. Eur Heart J. 2009 Jan;30(1):97. Epub 2008 Jul 4.
For more publications, click here.
Back to Top