M.B.B.S.(Malaya), M.D.(Singapore), F.R.C.P.(Edinburgh), F.R.C.P.(Glasgow), F.A.M.S.(Cardiology), Testamur(ASExAM)
Senior Consultant Department of Cardiology, NUHCS
Associate Professor Department of Medicine, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, NUS
Associate Professor Ling Lieng Hsi is currently Senior Consultant at the National University Heart Centre, Singapore and Associate Professor at the Department of Medicine of the Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore.
A/Prof Ling graduated from The University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur in 1985. He did his general medical training in Malaysia from 1995 to 1990 and cardiology training at National University Hospital, Singapore from 1990 to 1994. He further specialized in Cardiac Ultrasound during Fellowship training at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota from 1994 to 1995.
He was elected Fellow of the Academy of Medicine, Singapore in 1997, Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians, Edinburgh in 2000 and Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons, Glasgow in 2001. He was a Visiting Scientist at Mayo Clinic Rochester and Mayo Clinic Scottsdale, Arizona in 2002 and 2003 and Visiting Fellow at the University of Brisbane, Queensland in 2003.
A/Prof Ling's interests include cardiovascular imaging, in particular cardiac ultrasound (echocardiography), heart valve disease and pericardial disease. He performs transesophageal and stress echocardiograms and runs the Heart Valve Clinic at NUHCS.
Cardiac ultrasound (echocardiography)
Specializes in Diseases and Conditions:
Heart valve disease
Mitral valve prolapse
1. Impact of left ventricular function on immediate and long-term outcomes after pericardiectomy in constrictive pericarditis. Ha JW, Oh JK, Schaff HV, Ling LH, Higano ST, Mahoney DW, Nishimura RA. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2008 Nov;136(5):1136-41. Epub 2008 Aug 30.
2. Echocardiographic left ventricular mass in a multiethnic Southeast Asian population: proposed new gender and age-specific norms. Wong RC, Yip JW, Gupta A, Yang H, Ling LH. Echocardiography. 2008 Sep;25(8):805-11.
3. Natriuretic peptides in chronic kidney disease. Tagore R, Ling LH, Yang H, Daw HY, Chan YH, Sethi SK. Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2008 Nov;3(6):1644-51. Epub 2008 Jul 16.
4. Non-compaction cardiomyopathy presenting with classical angina pectoris. Lee YP, Low AF, Ling LH. Ann Acad Med Singapore. 2008 Mar;37(3):245-6.
5. Prognostication of valvular aortic stenosis using tissue Doppler echocardiography: underappreciated importance of late diastolic mitral annular velocity. Poh KK, Chan MY, Yang H, Yong QW, Chan YH, Ling LH. J Am Soc Echocardiogr. 2008 May;21(5):475-81. Epub 2007 Oct 10.
Back to Top