MBBS, MRCP, FAMS
Senior Consultant Department of Cardiology, NUHCS
Clinical Director Angiography Centre, NUHCS
Programme Director Acute Coronary Syndrome Programme, NUHCS
Programme Director Cardiology Senior Residency Programme, NUHS
A/Prof Adrian F. Low is presently a Senior Consultant Cardiologist with National University Heart Centre, Singapore. Apart from this, he also holds three other appointments, Clinical Director of Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory in NUHCS, Programme Director of Acute Coronary Syndrome, NUHCS and Programme Director of Cardiology Senior Residency Programme, NUHS.
A/Prof Low graduated from the National University of Singapore and subsequently completed his training in internal medicine and general cardiology in Singapore. Thereafter, he was a clinical and research fellow at the Massachusetts General Hospital, an affiliate of Harvard Medical School.
During his 2 years of fellowship, he was involved in research evaluating novel biomarkers and the genetics of cardiovascular diseases in addition to pursuing a fellowship in interventional cardiology. He was involved in a broad range of coronary and peripheral vascular interventions and also worked closely with pioneers in optical coherence tomography, an emerging technology that enables evaluation of the coronary arteries with far higher precision than previously possible.
He subsequently returned to Singapore in 2005 and continues to be involved in research and education of medical students and trainees.
A/Prof Low's focus remains clinical and he has expanded the radial vascular access program at our hospital and is currently a major advocate of radial and small access vascular interventions. He remains committed to improving patient comfort and pursuing better vascular interventions for patients. He is also an advocate of functional evaluation of coronary artery disease and promotes the use of pressure wire guided interventions to reduce unnecessary procedures.
- Coronary and vascular interventions
- Acute coronary syndromes
- Invasive haemodynamics
- Biomarkers and genetic determinants of cardiovascular diseases
Specializes in Diseases and Conditions:
- Coronary and other vascular interventions
1. Clinical predictors of stent thrombosis in the "real world" drug-eluting stent era. Tin-Hay EL, Poh KK, Lim YT, Low AF, Lee CH, Teo SG, Lim J, Lim IH, Tan HC. Int J Cardiol. 2009 Jun 10. [Epub ahead of print
2. Obstructive sleep apnea in patients admitted for acute myocardial infarction. Prevalence, predictors, and effect on microvascular perfusion. Lee CH, Khoo SM, Tai BC, Chong EY, Lau C, Than Y, Shi DX, Lee LC, Kailasam A, Low AF, Teo SG, Tan HC. Chest. 2009 Jun;135(6):1488-95.
3. In vivo characterisation of coronary plaques with conventional grey-scale intravascular ultrasound: correlation with optical coherence tomography. Low AF, Kawase Y, Chan YH, Tearney GJ, Bouma BE, Jang IK. EuroIntervention. 2009 Mar;4(5):626-32.
4. Long-term safety and efficacy are observed after implantation of Zotarolimus-Eluting stent in real-world clinical practice. Lee CH, Low AF, Hong EC, Tai BC, Lim IH, Teo SG, Lim YT, Tan HC. EuroIntervention. 2008 Nov;4(3):338-44.
5. An intravascular ultrasound study of Cypher, Taxus, and endeavor stents on relation between neointimal proliferation and residual plaque burden. Lee CH, Zhang J, Kailasam A, Tai BC, Ye F, Low AF, Hou X, Hay ET, Teo SG, Lim YT, Chen S, Tan HC. J Interv Cardiol. 2008 Dec;21(6):519-27. Epub 2008 Oct 21.
For more publications by A/Prof Adrian F. Low, click here.
Back to Top