Assistant Professor Vitaly A. Sorokin
MD (Russia), MRCS (Edinburgh), FRCS CTh (Edinburgh)
Consultant Department of Cardiac, Thoracic and Vascular Surgery, NUHCS
Assistant Professor Department of Surgery, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, NUS
Assistant Professor Vitaly A. Sorokin is presently an Associate Consultant with the Department of Cardiac, Thoracic and Vascular Surgery at National University Heart Center, Singapore. He is also an Assistant Professor with the Department of Surgery at Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine.
In 1995, Dr Vitaly A. Sorokin graduated from State Medical University in Russia. He completed his General Surgery training in 1997 follow by Cardiothoracic Residency in 2000. He obtained his PhD from Highest Attestation Committee, Russian Ministry of Education in 1999. Subsequently he underwent Postdoctoral Adult Cardiac Fellowship training as a Clinical Fellow in the Asan Medical Center in South Korea for two years and worked as a Consultant in the Department of Cardiac Surgery in Russia till 2004.
Dr Vitaly A. Sorokin joined National University Hospital as a Clinical Fellow in the Department of Cardiac, Thoracic and Vascular Surgery in 2004. He obtain his MRCS (Edinburgh) in 2008 and FRCS (Edinburgh) in 2010. He became Associate Consultant with Department of Cardiac, Thoracic and Vascular Surgery at National University Heart Center of Singapore in 2012.
Dr Vitaly A. Sorokin was awarded AMDA support from Ministry of Health Singapore and specialized in Adult Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery in Heinrich Heine University Clinic, Germany as a Clinical Fellow till 2013.
He is a member of
European Association of Cardiothoracic Surgery
Asian Society of Coardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery
Russian Society of Cardiovascular Surgery
Dr Vitaly A. Sorokin is a Clinical Tutor with Department Of Surgery National University of Singapore since 2009. He is also Visiting Professor to the Russian State Medical University since 2010.
- Adult Cardiac Surgery
- Minimal Invasive Adult Cardiac Surgery
- Aortic Root Surgery
- Arterial Revascularization in Coronary Artery Bypass Sugery
- Aortic Arch and Aortic Dissection Surgery
- Combined Open and Endovascular Repair of Acute Type A Aortic Dissection. Sorokin V.A., Lee C.N., Wong P.S. et al. Ann Thorac Surg, 2007; N83: p666-668.
- Characteristics of aortic wall extracellular matrix in patients with acute myocardial infarction: tissue microarray detection of collagen I, collagen III and elastin levels. Kong CH, Lin XY, Woo CC, Wong HC, Lee CN, Richards AM, Sorokin VA. Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg. 2012 Oct 9.
- Metabolic adaptation to a disruption in oxygen supply during myocardial ischemia and reperfusion is underpinned by temporal and quantitative changes in the cardiac proteome. Li X, Arslan F, Ren Y, Adav SS, Poh KK, Sorokin V, Lee CN, de Kleijn D, Lim SK, Sze SK. J Proteome Res. 2012 Apr 6;11(4):2331-46.
- Acute aortic dissection in the ED: risk factors and predictors for missed diagnosis. Chua M, Ibrahim I, Neo X, Sorokin V, Shen L, Ooi SB. Am J Emerg Med. 2012 Oct;30(8):1622-6.
For more publications, click here.