Associate Professor Graeme MacLaren
MBBS DipEcho FCICM FRACP FRCP FCCP FAHA FCCM
Senior Consultant Department of Cardiac, Thoracic and Vascular Surgery, NUHCS
Director Cardiothoracic Intensive Care, NUHCS
Associate Professor Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, NUS
Associate Professor Graeme MacLaren is an adult and paediatric Intensive Care Physician and Director of Cardiothoracic Intensive Care in the Department of Cardiac, Thoracic, and Vascular Surgery at the National University Heart Centre, Singapore. A/Prof MacLaren graduated from the University of Melbourne, Australia, and trained in critical care medicine at St Vincent's Hospital, The Alfred Hospital and the Royal Children's Hospital in Melbourne. Since 2005, he has been working as a Paediatric Intensive Care Physician at The Royal Children's Hospital, Melbourne, Australia.
He is a member of the Steering Committee of the Extracorporeal Life Support Organization (ELSO) and is the Inaugural Chair of the Asia-Pacific Chapter. He is also the Vice-President (Asia-Pacific) of the Pediatric Cardiac Intensive Care Society. His main professional interests are extracorporeal life support; infectious disease and critical illness; and cardiac intensive care in both adults and children.
- Extracorporeal life support
- Cardiac intensive care
- Perioperative echocardiography
Specializes in Diseases and Conditions:
- Mortality related to invasive infections, sepsis, and septic shock in critically ill children in Australia and New Zealand, 2002-2013: a multicenter retrospective cohort study. Schlapbach L, Straney L, Alexander J, MacLaren G, Festa A, Slater A. Lancet Infect Dis 2015; 15:46-54
- Hemolysis in pediatric patients receiving centrifugal-pump extracorporeal membrane oxygenation: prevalence, risk factors, and outcomes. Lou S, MacLaren G, Best D, Delzoppo C, Butt W. Crit Care Med 2014; 42:1213-20
- Joint statement on mechanical circulatory support in children: a consensus review from the Pediatric Cardiac Intensive Care Society and Extracorporeal Life Support Organization. MacLaren G, Dodge-Khatami A, Dalton H. Pediatr Crit Care Med 2013; 14:S1-2.
- Contemporary extracorporeal membrane oxygenation for adult respiratory failure: Life support in the new era. MacLaren G, Combes A, Bartlett RH. Intensive Care Med 2012; 38:210-20
For more publications, click here .
Back to Top