Associate Professor Graeme MacLaren
MBBS MSc DipEcho FCICM FCCM FRACP FRCP(Edin) FCCP FAHA FELSO
Senior Consultant Department of Cardiac, Thoracic and Vascular Surgery, NUHCS
Director Cardiothoracic Intensive Care, NUHCS
Associate Professor Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, NUS
Associate Professor Graeme MacLaren is an adult and paediatric Intensive Care Physician and Director of Cardiothoracic Intensive Care at the National University Heart Centre, Singapore. A/Prof MacLaren graduated from the University of Melbourne, Australia, and trained in critical care medicine at St Vincent's Hospital, The Alfred Hospital and the Royal Children's Hospital. He undertook additional post-fellowship training in perioperative echocardiography as well as infectious diseases. Since 2005, he has been working as a Paediatric Intensive Care Physician at The Royal Children's Hospital, Melbourne, Australia.
He has published over 100 articles in peer-reviewed journals, has reviewed for 50 journals, co-authored over a dozen textbook chapters, edited 3 textbooks, and given more than 250 presentations at international conferences in over 20 countries across North America, Europe and Asia. He has been heavily involved with the Extracorporeal Life Support Organization (ELSO) since 2011 and was the Inaugural Chair of its Asia-Pacific Chapter. He serves on the editorial boards of eight journals in the fields of critical care and infectious diseases and is currently an Associate Editor for five of them. He has a Masters degree in Infectious Diseases from the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine.
- Extracorporeal life support
- Cardiac intensive care
- Perioperative echocardiography
Specializes in Diseases and Conditions:
- MacLaren G, Dodge-Khatami A, Dalton H, Adachi I, Almodovar M, Annich GM, Bartlett RH, Bronicki R, Brown K, Butt W, Cooper D, Demuth M, D’Udekem Y, Fraser C, Guerguerian AM, Heard M, Horton S, Ichord R, Jaquiss R, Laussen P, Lequier L, Lou S, Marino B, McMullan M, Ogino M, Peek G, Pretre R, Rodefeld M, Schmidt A, Schwartz S, Shekerdemian L, Shime N, Sivarajan B, Stiller B, Thiagarajan R. Joint statement on mechanical circulatory support in children: a consensus review from the Pediatric Cardiac Intensive Care Society and Extracorporeal Life Support Organization. Pediatr Crit Care Med 2013; 14(5 Suppl):S1-118
- MacLaren G. Medicine, art and the death of Franz Liszt. Internal Med J 2012; 42(5):575-577
- Mortality related to invasive infections, sepsis, and septic shock in critically ill children in Australia and New Zealand, 2002-2013: a multicenter retrospective cohort study. Schlapbach L, Straney L, Alexander J, MacLaren G, Festa A, Slater A. Lancet Infect Dis 2015; 15:46-54
- Schlapbach LJ, MacLaren G, Festa M, Alexander J, Erickson S, Beca J, Slater A, Schibler A, Pilcher D, Millar J, Straney L. Prediction of paediatric sepsis mortality within 1 h of intensive care admission. Intensive Care Med 2017; 43(8):1085-1096
- Marino BS, Tabbutt S, MacLaren G, Hazinski MF, Adatia I, Atkins D, Checchia PA, DeCaen A, Fink EL, Hoffman G, Jeffries JL, Kleinman M, Krawczeski C, Licht DJ, Macrae D, Ravishankar C, Samson RA, Thiagarajan RR, Toms R, Tweddell J, Laussen P. Cardiopulmonary resuscitation in infants and children with heart disease: a scientific statement from the American Heart Association. Circulation 2018; 137(22):e691-e782
For more publications, click here.
Back to Top